Completion and Occupation Certificate

by William, April 1, 2015

This is the final stage in the process and once all building work is complete, it is necessary to obtain an Occupation Certificate. In order to do this the following will be required:

Compliance Certificates

Engineers Completion Certificate

Electrical Certificate

Plumbing Certificate (IOPSA Certificate)

Roofing Certificate (Truss certificate)

Glazing Certificate

Fire Certificate

(only applicable to public buildings or buildings that use flammable materials.)

Once all documents have been submitted a municipal building inspector will visit the site and certify that the deviation plan accurately represents the onsite building. Once he is satisfied that everything complies he will then issue the occupation certificate.

The Municipality issues the occupation certificate.

On the submission of all ‘as-built’ documentation an invoice for 3% of the agreed fee will be payable.